The bonding and contact adhesive for insulation and upholstery materials in ship finishing
GLUKON®prime sea - three areas of application, one adhesive!
GLUKON®prime sea is a sprayable contact adhesive that has been specially developed for use in ship interior finishing, yacht building, boat building, etc. GLUKON®prime sea is suitable for bonding insulating materials with materials from ship interior finishing. GLUKON®prime sea fulfils the requirements of flame retardancy according to IMO Resolution MSC 307 (88) - (FTP Code) Annex 1, Part 5.
GLUKON®prime sea is ready for use immediately after connecting the hose and the gun to the pressure vessel! No compressed air or electricity connection is required.
This means that GLUKON®prime sea can be used completely self-sufficiently and is maintenance-free due to its closed system design.
GLUKON®prime sea is used - applied on both sides - as a contact adhesive. Mineral fibre insulation materials, lightweight acoustic foam, PUR and PIR rigid foam, geotextiles, XPS and EPS perimeter insulation boards and PE films can be reliably bonded in the WKSB area using the contact bonding method.
GLUKON®prime sea improves - applied on one side - the adhesion of all common acrylate, butyl, bitumen and rubber adhesive tapes on absorbent substrates such as concrete, masonry, aerated concrete, plaster, fibreboard, wood, etc.
GLUKON®prime sea is used - applied on one side - as a quick fixation for the installation of geotextiles, facade membranes, sarking membranes, vapour barriers, underlay membranes, etc.
- Solvent-based, sprayable pressure-sensitive and contact adhesive.
- Shear strength: approx. 65 N/cm²
- Can be used as contact adhesive when applied on both sides
- Colour: transparent-yellowish
- Flash-off time: approx. 1 minute at 25°C, 5 minutes at -10°C
- Open time: 12 hours
- Range per kg: 6 - 9 m² (contact bonding)
- or approx. 2500 - 3500 running metres with 5 cm spray width (primer)
- Range: 500 ml can approx. 3 - 5 m² (contact bonding)
- or approx. 75 - 125 running metres with 5 cm spray width (primer)
- The range depends very much on the application and the materials used!
- Solids content: approx. 30
- Container sizes: 13 kg/in a 22 l pressurised container
- Temperature resistance according to SAFT: 65°C (HPL / on / HPL)
- Temperature resistance insulating materials: 85°C (XPS/EPS/PUR/PP-E/GW / / ALU Bl.)
- Adhesive is non-flammable after curing
- DCM-/Methylene chloride free, silicone and halogen free!
- Acrylic adhesive tapes
- Butyl adhesive tapes
- Bitumen adhesive tapes
- Rubber adhesive tapes
- Wood fibre boards
- Aerated concrete
- Gibskarton boards
- Fibre cement boards
- Clamping felt
- PE foils
- Rigid foam
- Bitumen sheeting
- mineral fibre insulating materials
- most hard plastics
- EPS, XPS, PIR/PUR and many more
Not suitable for bonding products containing plasticisers, e.g. PVC, CV coverings, artificial leather or similar.
Please observe the applicable legal regulations for solvent-based adhesives and our safety data sheets when processing.